This recipe is a go-to if you are short on time. Super quick and simple with minimal ingredients. The texture of the wine is a great match for the soup, yet the acid still shines through to balance some of the richness. The tree fruits and hints of oak in the wine are also great compliments the sweet potato and spices.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 Servings 1x
1 medium yellow onion (diced)
3 medium sweet potatoes (diced into ½ inch cubes)
3 cloves garlic
1 can coconut milk
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 TBS sunflower or coconut oil (divided)
1 cup of veg or chicken stock
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup coconut flakes (for garnish)
Parsley sprigs (for garnish)
- Heat oil in large saucepan and add onion. Saute for 3 minutes to soften onion
- Add potatoes, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Saute for 3-4 minutes to coat potatoes with spices
- Add white wine to deglaze.
- Add coconut milk and stock and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Turn off burner and blend with an immersion blender (or transfer to blender but take care when blending hot liquids as they can splash and burn)