Matthew Fritz
2018 Cabernet Sauvignon
North Coast

Winemaker Notes
Our 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon is bursting with ripe red cherry, raspberry and blackberry. Nuances of bell pepper, cedar and sandalwood round out the aromas. The palate is lively with mouth-watering acidity from the fresh red fruits and a chalky minerality. The firm tannins give the wine undeniable backbone

California’s 2018 vintage was a near picture-perfect growing season which began in late February. Spring was mild with extended flowering, yielding uniform grape clusters. Temperatures remained steady and warm throughout the summer, without any significant heat spikes, setting up a cooler, unhurried harvest. Yields were reported above average and the optimism for the overall quality of the 2018 vintage is very high.

65% of the 2018 Mathew Fritz Cabernet Sauvignon fruit was sourced from a single vineyard in Sonoma County at the meeting point of Alexander Valley, Russian River and Chalk Hill. The remaining 35% was sourced from the Redwood Valley in Mendocino on the Finnish Colony Bench.

Renowned winemaker, Jim Milone, crafts, blends and bottles Matthew Fritz in Healdsburg in Sonoma.  Jim grew up in the vineyards of his grandfather’s winery in Mendocino County and currently lives in Northern Sonoma.  His excellent relationships with wineries and growers throughout the North Coast of California are invaluable to our vineyard sourcing.

50% off shipping when you order 1 case.