$15

Matthew Fritz
2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
North Coast

Winemaker Notes
Our 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is filled with inviting aromas of blackberry, spicy licorice and deep plum. The palate is an elegant expression of Cabernet Sauvignon, loaded with dark fruits, black salted olives, and brown baking spices. The wine finishes with firm, balanced tannins and a mouth-watering acidity that keeps it fresh and pure.

Vintage
California’s 2017 harvest wrapped up early in the fall following summer heat spurts and a growing season that saw significant rain throughout the state, ultimately ending a five-year drought. Harvest began early at a normal pace in many regions but progressed rapidly during a heat wave in late August and early September. Fortunately, temperatures cooled mid-September, extending the harvest, allowing red varietals to slow their ripening. While yields in many regions were lower due to the heat spell, overall quality of fruit remained high for the 2017 vintage..

Vineyard
65% of the 2017 Matthew Fritz Cabernet Sauvignon fruit was sourced from a single vineyard in Sonoma County at the meeting point of Alexander Valley, Russian River and Chalk Hill. The remaining 35% was sourced from the Red Hills AVA of Lake County.

Winemaker
Renowned winemaker, Jim Milone, crafts, blends and bottles Matthew Fritz in Geyserville, Sonoma County. Jim grew up in the vineyards of his grandfather’s winery in Mendocino County and currently lives in Northern Sonoma. His excellent relationships with wineries and growers throughout the North Coast of California are invaluable to our vineyard sourcing.

Free Shipping when you order a case.