Tuna Salad on Avocado Toast
As the weather turns, we move to lighter fare. This is a great lunch option and also works well as an easy first course for a dinner party (when we get back to those). Our fresh and zippy North Coast Sauvignon Blanc cuts through the density of the tuna and richness of the avocado creating a wonderful harmony on the palate. This can also be prepped well in advance so you can grab from the fridge when you are ready.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 3-4 servings
2 5 oz cans of Albacore Tuna packed in sea salt or olive oil
1 Teaspoon olive oil
1 Teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
1 green onion (chopped)
2 celery stalks (diced)
1/2 medium red bell pepper (diced)
1 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons mayo
1 Medium tomato (sliced)
2 medium avocados
Salt & Pepper to taste
Toast or crackers of your choice
- Add olive oil, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and mayo to a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add green onion, celery, and bell pepper.
- Drain tuna from can and add. Mix well so tuna chunks are broken apart and able to absorb the dressing mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside for 20 minutes and mix again to let all the flavors come together.
- Avocado Mash: Half the avocados, remove the seed and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Mash with a fork and squeeze the juice from the lime. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Top toast or crackers with avocado mash, sliced tomato and tuna salad