Dried Cherry Chicken Salad
This is a great salad to make with leftover BBQ or grilled chicken. You can definitely go with white or red wine in this pairing. An instinctual pairing is our wonderfully textured Bonanno “Los Carneros” Chardonnay, alive with fresh apples, pears and a touch of nuttiness and French oak. The Matthew Fritz “North Coast” Pinot Noir is also a great match as the light, fresh acidity keeps things clean on the palate and soft berry flavors compliment the dried cherries in the salad.
2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs (seasoned and skewered– we recommend your favorite BBQ seasoning)
2 green onion (chopped)
3 stalks of celery cut into a small dice
1/3 cup of dried cherries
1/3 cup pistachios (rough chopped)
3 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup mayo
1 TBS Olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup chopped parsley
Arugula or leaf lettuce
1 medium red bell pepper
Ahead of time
- Grill chicken skewers ahead of time and allow to cool (Or, use leftover chicken from the night before).
- Make “refrigerator” style pickled red pepper.
- Julienne the pepper and soak in 2 TBS apple cider vinegar in the refrigerator (minimum 15 minutes ahead of time).
- In mixing bowl, combine remaining tablespoon of cider vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, mayo and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add parsley, green onion, celery, dried cherries and chicken. Mix well.
- Serve chicken salad over a bed of arugula or leaf lettuce.
- Top with chopped pistachios and pickled peppers